General Terms of Business
Jannie Otto Safaris is based in South Africa, 40 minutes’ drive from the Kimberley airport in the Northern Cape. We also hunt in other Provinces of South Africa and African Countries, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Tanzania.
Length of Safari
Jannie Otto Safaris caters for safaris that range in length between 7-21 days. Hunters can be assured that on a 10-14 days safari they will return home with a good mixed bag of exciting trophies. Travelling time must be taken into consideration when hunting in different provinces for certain species of game. Jannie Otto Safaris can tailor make your safari to meet your trophy requirements. Experienced Professional Hunters will be with you every step of the way to guide you to a successful and fun safari.
The Hunting Season
In South Africa we hunt from February through November. Keep in mind that May is our autumn/fall whilst June, July and August are our winter months. September is spring with October and November going into summer. You can expect temperatures in the 40’s as a low and 70’s as a high in winter months. Mid 60’s to mid 90’s in spring and summer is average.
- South Africa’s electricity supply is 220 volts AC 50 Hz. Appliances of lesser voltage require transformers and adaptors.
- Inoculations are not required for South Africa, however if a hunter is to hunt in other African countries, we recommend malaria and yellow fever prophylactics be taken. Please consult your medical practitioner on the subject.
- Bottled water is available for drinking.
- To confirm a booking and secure dates, a deposit of 50% of the total daily rate and transportation fees are required. The balance of the daily rate is payable at least 30 days before the commencement of the safari.
- The Currency in South Africa is Rand but in all other African countries USD is accepted. No personal (even cashier check) or bank certified checks, will be accepted. Jannie Otto Safaris accepts only cash ($ and Euro) and Bank Transfers.
- Before commencement of the safari, clients are required to complete and sign a safari contract, general information sheet and indemnity form.
- Prices are subject to change without notice due to circumstances out of our control for example, serious exchange rate fluctuation and change of Government Policies.
- All rates are quoted in US$.
- The clients arrival day will be considered a non-hunting day at $200 per hunting client and $200 per observer.
- Any travelling day between states/hunting areas will be considered a full paying hunting day for hunters and observers.
- Any client wishing to fly between areas during the safari is responsible for his own, plus 1 x guide and 1 x skinner’s airfare.
- Value Added Tax (VAT) of 14% is included in all daily rates and transportation fees in SA. Trophy fees are exempt from VAT as it is an export item. VAT cannot be claimed back at the airport on the daily rates or transportation, as it is considered a service product.
- Jannie Otto Safaris accepts no responsibility for any illness, accident, claim or loss of whatsoever nature, arising during and/or after the safari. Clients are advised to take out their own medical insurance.
- There will be no refunds on cancellations. Dates booked as per contract will be paid for in full. Please take out cancellation insurance.
Medjet Assist –
Trip Cancellation – www.huntandtravel.com
With over 30 years of experience in the safari industry and a flawless reputation, Jannie Otto Safaris is dedicated to the preservation of the hunter and the sustainable management of wildlife.